Teaching the Arts : Home Page > Rhythmic Music
Lesson Created by Dianne Foderaro
2.4 Improvise simple rhythmic accompaniments, using body percussion or
Time: 30 minutes
Objectives of Lesson
1. Students will use classroom instruments to create common household sounds such as popping corn, rain, clocks.
1. Discuss some familiar household sounds such as popping corn, rain, clocks.
2. Students will work in small groups of three or four to replicate one household sound using classroom instruments.
3. Students will maintain a 4/4 beat when performing their musical representation of the household sound.
1. Small groups of students will perform their musical representation of the household sound.
dfoderaro, 01/30/09 08:57 (GMT)Add a new page under this one