You are looking at an archived version of this page.
return to current version
This page will be updated soon with more detailed instructions - thanks for your patience.
This custom UNR install requires a USB key that is at least 2Gb in size. First, download the latest image file from:
Next, perform the following steps:
- Determine where the image file was saved when you downoaded it from the web site. It should be in the root of your Home folder. If not, move it there.
- Insert your 2Gb+ USB key in any available USB port on your machine. Most Linux systems will automatically mount the key.
- We need to find out what disk the system assigned to the key. To do so, open up a terminal (usually under "Accessories") and type "mount" followed by the enter key. In the list of disks that appear, you should see your USB key at the bottom, listed as "/dev/sd*1" where * is probably a,b,c,or d.
- Next, unmount the USB key by typing "umount /dev/sd*1" (replacing * with the letter you saw in the list on step 3)
- Finally, type in "sudo dd if=uberkey0.33.img of=/dev/sd*" followed by the enter key, where * is the letter you determined in step 3. When the command completes, you will have a USB key that is ready to boot and install the custom build of UNR on your netbook.
jklein, 07/04/09 07:17 (GMT)